If you plead guilty or are found guilty of a DUI, and its your third or more offense within ten (10) years, you will be guilty of a felony.
1. Jail sentence: A mandatory minimum period of thirty (30) days, the first forty eight (48) hours of which must be consecutive, and ten (10) days of which must be served in jail. The maximum jail sentence is up to ten (10) years.
2. Fine: Up to five thousand dollars ($5,000.00).
3. Impact on Driving Privileges: Mandatory minimum period of one (1) year after release from confinement with absolutely no driving privileges of any kind, with additional suspension with absolutely no driving privileges for up to five (5) years. Note: this suspension is separate from any administrative suspension before the Idaho Department of Transportation, so you could potentially have two Idaho driving privilege suspensions.
4. Ignition Interlock System: You will be required to drive only a motor vehicle equipped with a functioning ignition interlock system, following the one (1) year mandatory license suspension period during your period of probation.
5. Probation: The court will likely impose a period of probation, regardless of the type of sentence entered, for a minimum of one (1) year. All supervision costs are at your expense.
6. Commercial Driver's License. The provisions regarding disqualification of your commercial license will likely apply, which results in a one year suspension of your commercial license.
If you have been cited with a third offense DUI in Pocatello, American Falls, Blackfoot, Preston, Soda Springs, Malad or Montpelier please contact Mark Petersen, a Pocatello Idaho DUI defense lawyer at Snake River Law PLLC. For other Idaho counties, contact an Idaho DUI Lawyer.